Installations

Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Wishes.....

Apologies for a severe lack of posting for the past few weeks..I have been on the sick list for the past 10days - a bad health record my body had not seen in years! Fingers crossed I am back on the mend now for good.. especially now as I am now officially on Christmas holidays..yeaaayy! We have reached our Christmas location in Cheshire, and are heading to Scotland after for Hogmanay.

We did, however manage to put up our Christmas Tree with decorations I made back in early November, at least I was organised with these! Made from my fave air drying clay, I painted these or used decoupage and strung with ribbon or binding.

It has been a busy and productive year, highlights have definitely included completing the Communitas Digitas installation at Nunhead Open, Fab Lab Challenge as part of the FutureEverything Conference and engaging with drawing to produce a new body of work.

On a personal level, special memories have been a birthday holiday to Prague, a holiday to the Black Isle and Summer Isles before and after my sisters wedding, which brought back some happy childhood memories and created new ones.

January 2011 already looks set to be a busy one.  I am giving a talk on the 8th January at the Artists Practice Day at Camden Arts Centre about my own practice, which I am looking forward to, and a little nervous too.  The Artists Practice Day, is a by invitation only crit event for emerging artists.  I have attended before, but only as a dicussion participant, so it is my first time holding the floor.  I also am exhibiting a drawing in the Members Show at Embassy, and completing drawings to be sent to NY for the Sketchbook Tour which begins in early 2011.  I will also be getting on with ongoing projects, applying for funding for the China Residency.....

Wishing you the very for the festive period....and relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment