Installations

Monday 9 August 2010

In the beginning...

'Facade', Vinyl and MDF laser cut, 2010

Post #1! My name is Jenny Steele and I am an artist, lecturer and art educator based in London.  I have decided to start this blog to document my practice, research and projects that I am involved with.  My practice is interested in the history of remediated digital interfaces in an attempt and physicalise the fleeting nature of such visuals, through a 'make do and mend' and humourous approach. You can view older examples of my work in my current website, a better one of which I am developing so please be patient!  To support my practice, I work freelance mainly in art education and have delivered sessions and modules from early years to final year BA students.  My particular interests when delivering qualification and non- qualification based courses are in the areas of Critical Studies, Drawing, Printmaking and Textiles within the context of Fine Art.  I really do hope that you comment on any posts and I very much encourage discussion and debate!

No comments:

Post a Comment