Installations

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Community of Practice>2



This past weekend Hannah Westwood, Harriet Hill and Zoha Zokaei and I met to 'critique' our ongoing practices.  Meeting at Hannah's studio at Bond House, New Cross - we talked about Hannah's ambitious large scale 'explosion' drawings for her upcoming solo exhibition, 'Eye of the Storm' at Tenderpixel, which opens on the 12th May 2011.  I will not give away too much, but the panel drawings are set to over take and overwhelm the boutique gallery space entirely!

Zoha reflected on her recent exhibition at the Waterman's Art Centre, where she showcased a series of new photographs, which I wrote about in a previous blog post 'The Concealed Exchange'.  We talked about her experiences of collaborating with other creative professionals to direct and produce the work, and avenues to develop and exhibit the works in other locations.

Harriet discussed her open house and studio last month, as part of the local area of Peckham's Open Studio event - and the positive opportunity for feedback when exhibiting work in progress.  I presented the drawings and prints that I have been working on over the past month, in preparation for the Chongqing Residency, which is getting closer and closer...!  As ever, questions and constructive feedback assisted pushing the work to the next stage.  I am currently working on a large woodcut, which I made the first print of today, but our Albion Press at RUTC, is not large enough for an even print, so I am on the look out now for a print studio with a larger press.  I will post a photograph when I get the first acceptable A/P!

'Netizen Layout', Pen, pencil and cardboard relief on paper, 2011, Jenny Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment