Installations

Saturday 31 December 2011

Round Robin (this is how we got to here)

Round Robin (this is how we got to here), 2011, Hand drawn wrapping paper, printed on A0



Round Robin (this is how we got to here), 2011, Hand drawn wrapping paper, printed on A0, cardboard, satin and velvet ribbon.  Office Christmas Party, Ahmed & Carpenter, 15th Dec 2011



It has been a good, productive year.  I do not want to list month by month all that I have done, rather a few highlights. I also outlined these in the wrapping paper I drew for the Round Robin (this is how we got to here) sculpture for Ahmed & Carpenter's Office Christmas Party.  On the paper, each bauble represented a month and its major or sometimes minor events.

So 2011 was: moving from London to Manchester with China and Cheshire in between, obtaining a Grants for the Arts, living and making for 6 weeks in Chongqing, exhibiting more this year, and getting engaged.

Here are my guidelines for living (to myself) for 2012, I would like to share:

- Exercise 3 times a week.
- Eat lots of fruit and veg, cut down on meat.
- Always have a book on the go, read before bed time as much as possible.
- Listen to music more too, but remember the benefit in sensorial silence.
- Remember the past is practice, no one jumps straight into the director's seat.
- When I do not achieve my goals, evaluate what I can learn from my mistakes that can help me be successful in the future.
- Treat others as I would like to be treated myself.
- Strive to improve my time management between paid work, creative exploration and making, and seeking and administering new opportunities.
- Enjoy the making!

Best Wishes for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment