Installations

Monday 30 May 2011

Heading off to Chongqing, 1st June 2011

Xiaonei Map, 2011, Woodcut and pen on paper.


Well the time has come to head off to Chongqing to undertake my research project there.  I can say that I am very excited and a little bit nervous too.  It has been a busy few weeks, getting ready, finishing off teaching and projects here...

This past week, I finally managed to get onto the Beaver Press at London Print Studio to make some large prints of my woodcut.  I had forgotten what a lovely, relaxed place it is, and there was some very interesting work going on there too.  They also have an interesting and diverse exhibition on in the gallery space; Cuban Gold: Viva La Reproduccion, which showcases a range of Cuban printmakers work today.  There is also an exhibition, 'In Relief', in the print studio itself which displays a range of relief prints by current users.

I have also had some interesting meetings with fellow artists, Harriet Hill and Hannah Westwood, who I will in a 3 person show with at Hatchspace this October.  We have been developing our ideas around 'MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY', I will say no more, but there will be more to follow.

I have been back to the Constance Howard Research Centre at Goldsmiths College to measure up the exhibition space for my show in September, and chat with Lizzie Cannon who currently works there.  It is a big space I have to fill - exciting! The show is set for the 6th September until 6th October 2011.

Last Friday was my last working day at RUTC College, we went for leaving drinks, and they were very kind to give me some lovely books as a leaving gift, which was very generous of them.  Thank you guys! I will be back to visit!

Last but not least, I leave on Wednesday for Chongqing, and will be in residence there until the 2nd July, after which I will travel for 10 days to Xian and along the Yangzte river with my partner.

I hope you can follow my project blog at   http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/projects/single/1266895.  I will also be posting on this site.  Happy Bank Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment