Installations

Sunday 8 May 2011

User Generated Profiles - BLANKMEDIA Collective/MadLab, June 2011





The online collaboration; 'usergeneratedprofiles' culminating in a physical work between myself and Manchester based Elizabeth Wewiora and I, has been selected by the curators of the User Generated Content Exhibition at MadLab, Manchester.  The BLANKMEDIA Collective Exhibition Curators, Marcelle Holt and Taneesha Ahmed, will present a group show of works which seek to make tangible the constant stream of user generated content that is continually produced online.

Throughout our online blog, Elizabeth and I have been getting to know each other. Having only met once at a meeting a few months ago, Elizabeth and I have communicated often online without meeting.  We began writing the collaborative blog in late April 2011, setting each other tasks to learn more about each other personally, about our visual practices, and how we could use this non-physical digital process, to create an installation work that discusses our relationship that has developed through a series of mediated interfaces.

Please follow our blog as we work towards our installation which opens on the 1st June 2011 at MadLab.  Unfortunately, I will not be present as I will be flying to Chongqing, but I would love it if you could make it along!

No comments:

Post a Comment